This third annual summer feature devoted to international Agency Innovators underscores how innovative thinking is not limited by geography, age, company size, or one’s position in a company. These twenty-one individuals have been selected from over 100 individual entries through industry nominations.
Although many distinct perspectives on innovation were shared by the winners, some common points emerged which are critical to the future of successful marketing today:
• Innovation is often a collaborative effort in a complex marketing and media world.
• Delivering for the brand is the best starting point for innovative thinking.
• Developing talent to think innovatively is essential to the future of any organization.
• The digital era is driving new solutions for accountability.
• There can be no breakthroughs without risk taking.
• Bridging cultural diversity is still paramount to effective international marketing — no matter how homogenized the world now seems!
Congratulations to all of the 2008 Agency Innovators