Born: Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Worked in: Multiple locations in India
Name an innovative idea or business solution for which you are most proud. “Dialogue Engagement Initiatives” for Siemens Answers
Campaign (India Targeted) in the year FY 09-10. Dialogue Engagement means engagement between the Brand and its Stakeholders. Saurav and his team have gone
“Beyond the Banner” on the Indian Digital Media Space: from generating “Awareness
through Platform Creation,” “Content Plugging,” “Multimedia Promotion,” hosting
“Webcasts” …all efforts geared to initiate discussions between Siemens, Stakeholders
and the TG.
Why do people see you as an innovator? Saurav has the ability to look beyond the brief, apply learning from past experience and always looking to build a “Two Way Interactive Approach” (between Audience and Brand).
What role does innovation play in your marketing strategy today? A very important one. With “Service Parity” prominent across common deliverables, it is extremely important for Digital Agencies to chalk out Innovative Ideations. Nevertheless Innovations also should be created in such a way that it works from “Branding” to “Closure”. For example, for Siemens in India, he recommended a 360 communication platform across multiple media: each delivering an impactful
message separately and jointly working together for impact squared.
What is the biggest challenge you face in applying innovative thinking to international projects? The “Traditional Indian Brand Manager Mindset” and their Inertia with existing, tried and tested “Conventional Media Advertising,” and a compulsive focus on cost above all other plan attributes.
Dictionary definitions aside, how would you characterize innovation in the work you do?
- Understanding the Communication Challenge for the Brands Business Units,
- Working out a Media Partnership with verticals having the “Brands TG”, and
- 360° Digital Surround promotion with Web 2.0 initiatives like :
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Pay It Forward from Siemens is a socioenvironment initiative aimed at bringing together inspired minds, who would voluntarily contribute environmentally-friendly, everyday ideas and suggest pragmatic ways of reducing carbon foot print. Symbolized by a virtual tree or 'Eco-tree' that feeds on forwarded ideas and suggestions, the sheer number and quality of these ideas will determine the tree remains green for long besides bringing out winners of best votedideas.
- e – Book: Creating a detailed e - book (that could be downloaded on registration to a micro site on the occasion of World Water Day—22nd Mar’10
- Focussed Webcast: on “Green Building Technology” hosted at an “Exclusive Brand Page” created by NDTV Media
- “Did You Know”: section (Fixed ) on the well known India Today website for the whole FY 09-10. The questions are changed every 15 days and lead to awareness aboutvarious Siemens initiatives all across India.
Any internationalist trivia about yourself? I am also an avid blogger who writes about his journeys across the various terrains encountered – especially in India : www.terrainspotter.com